Thursday, July 7, 2011

Technology Session 6

My view of instructional technology has changed and expanded during the course of this semester. I have learned about so many different technologies that can be:
Fun and engaging for the students: making videos, vokis, animotos, smartboards
Educational for the students: wikis, smartboards, blogs, google docs
The reading and blog on assistive technologies was something I found very helpful because I know that these tools are something I may have to and be able to use some day. My view has changed because I see how many more technological tools can be incorporated into the classroom. And each new tool I learn about is just another method of relaying information to the students.
I thought that what we learned this semester is appropriate to use in a classroom. As I mentioned above, creating wikis, smartboard presentations and google docs are perfect elements to enhance a classroom with. Creating each of these elements was also very appropriate and helpful. The quality of the technology skills we learned this semester was very good. I really think that knowing about all these different forms of technology will really help us engage our students in our classrooms.
I feel very comfortable moving forward to use these technologies in a future classroom. Instead of simply showing us a wiki, I actually had to create one myself which gave me a lot more confidence in myself to make one for a future class. Same with the smartboard presentations. There are so many different tools in that program that I really did need to go through and make one in class in order to feel comfortable using the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment